I just got back from working reading for FAVL and it was awesome. FAVL stands for "Friends of African Village Libraries" and it has established several libraries in Burkina and other West African countries. I signed up for the camp and I didn't really know what I was getting into, but I was very happy with what I saw. The camp was well organized and it was run by Burkinabe, myself and the two other PCVs were just there to bring the fun. This was a huge change from Camp H.E.E.R.E. which we did in May and we did all of the administrative work and logisitics and planning and then somehow had to find the energy to bring the fun. For this camp, I just showed up and got to play, read, draw and hang out with the kids. Both were awesome, but the reading camp was a lot less stress. Anyways, here are some photos from the camp.
If you are interesting in finding out more about FAVL, the website is: http://www.favl.org/
As you can see, it was a lot of fun! Yay reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment for Molly here! If you aren't a registered user on one of the sites that Blogspot supports, try selecting "Anonymous" in the drop down menu below this box. Just make sure that you put your name in the message so I know who it's from!